Please read the Amex Notice Directed Order Routing to BARS Booths Update
dated 06/21/06 for more recent information
* * * IMPORTANT * * *
The American Stock Exchange (Amex) is implementing enhancements to its booth routing application that requires member firms to specify a valid Booth ID on CMS Line 1A to direct an order to the Booth Automated Routing System (BARS). This applies to orders for all Amex products traded through CMS including options, equities, and ETFs. In addition, all subsequent correspondence pertaining to an order directed to a booth, such as a cancel or cancel/replace order, must also specify the Booth ID indicated on the original order.
For firms using CMS, in order to route an order to a booth, Line 1A must be populated with:
Please note: relationships must be pre-established by the Amex prior to routing an order to a specific booth. For more information on routing relationhips and Amex Booth ID's please contact Frank Vento at the number provided below.
- A valid Booth ID. For example, "AM OVR B-XYZ" will route the order to booth XYZ.
- To direct an order to a mnemonic's default booth, Line 1A may be populated with the default booth's ID ("AM OVR B-XYZ") or a default routing code of "B-ARS" ("AM OVR B-ARS").
Member firms may alternatively utilize the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol to direct orders to a booth starting June 29th 2006. Use of FIX only applies to those instruments (Equities and ETFs) that have migrated from legacy systems to the Amex's Auction and Electronic Market Integration (AEMI) platform.
Member firms are to make note of the following dates:
Questions regarding this notice may be directed to Frank Vento - 212-306-1735, Shirley Thompson - 212-306-1161, or Peter Fetiak - 212-306-1472.
- June 29, 2006: Member firms must populate Line 1A with a valid Booth ID to direct an order to a BARS booth for a RegNMS pilot symbol traded on the Amex. All RegNMS pilot symbols (Equities and ETFs) will be routed to either the AEMI platform or a booth depending upon Line 1A.
- July 3, 2006: Member firms must populate Line 1A with a valid Booth ID to direct an order to a BARS booth for all options orders. All options orders will be routed to either the ANTE system or to a booth depending upon Line 1A. ALGO Routing parameters (ex: symbol, volume, etc.) no longer used for options as of July 3, 2006.
- August 31, 2006: Member firms must populate Line 1A with a valid Booth ID to direct an order to a BARS booth for all Equities and ETFs. All Equity and ETF orders will be routed to either the AEMI platform or to a booth depending upon Line 1A. ALGO routing parameters will no longer be utilized.
For Connectivity queries, please contact Amex Help Desk - 212-306-1110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.